Berringa Super Manuka honey, MGO 900+
With an MGO rating of 900+ this is the most potent and highest strength manuka honey that Berringa has.
So this manuka honey is suitable for treating wounds, digestive issues and the more severe health complaints.
It is also suitable for treating colds, sore throats and skin complaints, as well as being generally good for your immune system.
The list of potential health benefits from Berringa's Super Manuka honey includes:
- A prebiotic effect that helps to maintain a healthy digestive system and may assist in promoting beneficial bacteria.
- Stimulating and boosting the immune system and reducing inflammation.
- Antioxidants that may assist in protecting the body from harmful free radicals.
- Providing relief for coughs, colds and sore throats, mild upper respiratory infections and indigestion.
- Providing symptomatic relief of minor wounds, burns, eczema, psoriasis on the skin and cold sores.
- Managing symptoms of gingivitis, including reducing plaque levels and bleeding.
- Managing eye and ear infections. Managing antibiotic-resistant Golden Staph infections.
Because it has such high levels of bioactivity, consuming Berringa's super manuka honey directly, without dilution, is probably the most effective way to use it.
Mixing a spoonful of honey with warm (not hot) water will also exploit its full potential. And of course it can be used in all the myriad traditional ways where honey is good.
Berringa is one of the best-known and most experienced producers of manuka honey in Australia, with a hard-earned reputation for quality and reliability.
Their bees harvest this Super Manuka honey from the nectar of Leptospermum trees that grow wild in the forests of north-eastern NSW, and are sometimes known in Australia as the jelly bush or tea-tree.
The Leptospermum family of trees and bushes is native to both Australia and New Zealand and the honey produced from them is now world-renowned for its naturally occurring anti-bacterial and antioxidant capabilities.